How to Close an Intex Pool for winter
INTEX pools are some of the easiest pools to catch and store for the winter. However, some people do not like the idea of knocking down and building the pool twice a year. Luckily, it is also a fairly simple process to set up an Intex pool. All you need is some chemical conditioning for the winter, a pool cover and some plugs. Some Intex pool-supply stores even sell all the conditioning for the winter chemicals needed in a kit to make it even easier for the winter.
- Clean the pool of dirt, dust and algae. Use the vacuum cleaner and the net to remove all contaminants from the Intex pool.
- Remove the skimmer basket, pump and filter from the pool. Empty the skimmer basket and clean the pump and filter with tap water. Allow drying for 24 hours before storing.
- Plug the hole plugs on the side of the pool walls with the skimmer and filter. These rubber stoppers prevent vinyl pool walls from being damaged when the skimmer and filter are removed.
- Pool water test. The chlorine reading for winter should be between 1 and 3 parts per million. The pH should be maintained between 2 and 7.6. Total alkalinity must be between 100 and 150 parts per million. Add chemicals or water to keep readings at this level. Chlorine will increase reading chlorine, a pH buffer will adjust the water to the correct pH and the alkalinity regulator will raise the alkalinity in the Intex pool water.
- Insert a water clarifier into the pool water. Use a proportion of 60 ml for every 45,000 liters of pool water. In a pool above the ground, water levels will be less than 45, 000L, so adjust the measurements accordingly. See the instructions that come with the water clarifier as well.
- Add an algaecide to remove any traces of algae from the Intex pool and to prevent algae from growing during the winter season. Dilute a bottle of about five gallons of water and pour around the edges of the Intex pool.
- Return to the airbag. Tie both sides on both sides of the pool walls and place in the center of the pool. The air pillow helps water to build up in the center of the pool cover, and also helps keep the pool water moving slightly, making it more difficult for the water to freeze.
- Place the indoor pool at the top of the pool. Secure all edges using appropriate clips or loops. Make sure the cover is tight in the center. If the cover yields, rain accumulates on the low, dragging the cover to the Intex pool.